Pro-Tx ERB - DxTx Medical
Endorectal coils provide higher snr and enhance the prostate image quality for both radiologists and urologists.
Endorectal coil, prostate image quality, prostate scans, prostate MRI, MRI images, prostate images, prostate cancer, prostate cancer treatment, prostate cancer diagnosis, increase prostate image quality, increase signal to noise, radiologists, urologists.
Pro-Tx Endorectal Balloon
Consistent Prostate Immobilization During Radiation Treatment
Helping to improve the Therapeutic Index for peace of mind of the treating clinician during radiation therapy for Prostate Cancer.
Soft tip, pliable balloon material, and flexible shaft to maintain patient comfort throughout the treatment session.
The Pro-Tx Endorectal Balloon can be used during all phases of radiation therapy, including treatment planning, image verification, and radiotherapy delivery.
View articles on the use of Endorectal Balloons during radiation therapy
An Endorectal Balloon To Support All Your Prostate Radiation Therapy Sessions
Expected benefits of Endorectal Balloon (ERB) use during prostate radiation therapy as discussed in scientific literature:
- ERB have been shown to significantly reduce intra-fraction motion (Article references: 1, 4, 5, 7, 9)
- ERB has significant rectal sparing effect helping to limit rectal wall volume and reduce acute and late ano-rectal toxicity (Article references: 1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 14)
- The stabilizing effect of ERBs can lead to fewer treatment interruptions due to position corrections (Article references: 5)
- The ERB is well tolerated by patients (Article references: 10, 12, 13, 15)
- Setup of the ERB is typically accomplished in less than 3 minutes adding minimal time to the overall procedure (Article references: 8, 15)
- The ERB is suitable for use with various radiation therapy technologies such as 3D-RT, IMRT, IGRT, SBRT, Proton (Article references: 3, 8, 10, 13)
- The ERB’s size and dimensions make it suitable for a multitude of patient sizes and anatomies (Article references: 6)
* PTV = Planning Target Volume
Pro-Tx Order Number
Box of 25
Pro-Tx Dimensions (approximation)
||17 ¼” or 43.8cm
||3 ½” or 8.9cm
|Maximum Inflation Volume (Fluid)
|Balloon Diameter inflated with 60cc air
||1 ¾” or 4.5cm
|Balloon Diameter inflated with 200cc air
||2 ½” or 6.4cm
|Device Diameter, Balloon deflated
||3/8” or 1cm
||5/16” or 0.8cm