DxTx Medical is medical device manufacturer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The company was founded in 2019 by veterans of the medical device industry who saw a need for improvement in cancer diagnosis and treatment. They combined their extensive expertise in Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Service and Sales to deliver products and services that can ultimately help save lives and improve the quality of lives of patients.
The early focus of the organization is on improving detection, localization, and staging of prostate cancer with a family of specialized MRI coils that were originally developed by Medrad Inc. In addition, DxTx Medical supports prostate radiation therapy with the Pro-Tx Endorectal Balloon which is also a Medrad legacy product.
- 1993 Medrad, Inc. develops and markets the first prostate, colon, and cervix imaging coils for 1.5T MRI systems
- 2005 Medrad introduces the first endorectal prostate coil for 3.0T MRI systems
- 2006 Bayer Health Care acquires Medrad
- 2010 Medrad introduces the Pro-Tekt Endorectal Balloon
- 2019 DxTx Medical acquires the endorectal prostate coil from Bayer
- 2021 DxTx Medical acquires the Pro-Tekt product line from Bayer